The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the bank holding company Live Oak Bancshares (NASDAQ:LOB). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals. After I sorted for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent prices appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/15 the stock gained 120.83%.
Live Oak Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for Live Oak Banking Company that provides various commercial banking products and services to individuals, small businesses, and professionals in North Carolina, the United States. The company accepts various deposit products, including noninterest-bearing demand, as well as interest-bearing checking, money market, savings, and time deposits. It also offers commercial and industrial loans; construction and development loans; owner occupied and non-owner occupied collateral commercial real estate loans; and commercial land loans. In addition, the company provides settlement, accounting, and securitization services for government guaranteed loans; wealth and investment management services to high-net-worth individuals and families; investment advisory services to new funds focused on providing venture capital to new and emerging financial technology companies; and an on-site restaurant location to company employees and business visitors. Live Oak Bancshares, Inc. was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signal
- 83.40+ Weighted Alpha
- 81.08% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 40.58% gain in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.78%
- Technical support level at 31.88
- Recently traded at 33.69 with a 50 day moving average of 25.37
- Market Cap $1.33 billion
- P/E 35.28
- Revenue expected to grow 32.40% this year and 17.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 56.80% this year and an additional 108.70% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 1 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 44 to 4 that the stock will beat the market
- 1,680 investors monitor the stock on Seeking Alpha