The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the trucking company USA Trucks (USAK). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening feature to find stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals. I then took that list of 298 stocks and sorted them by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/28 the stock gained 136.80%.
USA Truck, Inc. operates as a truckload carrier in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The company operates through two segments, Trucking and USAT Logistics. The Trucking segment offers truckload motor carrier services as a medium-haul common and contract carrier; and dedicated freight services. The USAT Logistics segment provides freight brokerage, logistics, and rail intermodal services. As of December 31, 2019, the company operated a fleet of 1,990 tractors, which included 421 independent contractor tractors; and 6,212 trailers. USA Truck, Inc. was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Van Buren, Arkansas.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 57.23+ Weighted Alpha
- 43.00% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 42.82% gain in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 78.48%
- Technical support level at 11.50
- Recently traded at 11.84 with a 50 day moving average of 8.55
- Market Cap $108 million
- Revenue expected to grow 9.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 71.80% this year, an additional 890.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 27.10% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 1 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 34 to 26 that the stock will beat the market
- 1,780 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha